Monday, October 08, 2007

Russy Baby


Russell is 3 1/2 months old. We can't get enough of him. He is the calm counter-part to the wild 2 year old brother that sleeps in the room next door. But he has wide eyes that are always taking everything in. He's learning lots of things from Jaron!



It seems that Russell enjoys his fist and fingers. No paciy for him. (Ok, occasionally he'll take it. But not the same major addiction Jaron had/has to his.) Periodically, he'll cry out in the night and then I'll hear this really loud sucking noise. Sure enough, fingers are in and he's "pacifying" himself.

He typically seems pretty content. And if he can catch your eye, you're sure to get a huge grin from him. I think he loves having his diaper changed because he is assured some attention. That's when he pulls out all the stops: smiling, cooing, laughing (and periodically, peeing).


Russell's major form of entertainment is, obviously, Jaron. I think the most thrilling thing for both of them is when I sit on the floor, holding Russell, and Jaron runs circles around us. Russell is always surprised when Jaron disappears on one side and then re-appears on the other. This can go on for quite a while. Russell attempts to make his head turn around completely, but unfortunately, he wasn't designed that way. And me, I sit there and contemplate how I am going to discover the next "original idea". Ok, really, I think about how long this could possibly go on, how long has it been since the floor has been vacuumed, or if I could manage to read my book without Jaron noticing.

His latest accomplishment is learning to roll from his back to his tummy. Unfortunately, he hasn't yet mastered rolling from his tummy to his back which can lead to some precarious situations. A few days ago, Clark heard Russell crying in the crib one morning and "rescued" him. He had managed to get onto his tummy and I guess after some time realized that he was uncomfortable.

No comments: