Clark and I are Brigham Young University Alumni. We loved our experiences at BYU and feel that it is an institution worthy of our money. Unfortunately, at this time, we don't have much to give. We are contacted annually for their fund drive. I usually speak with a young, peppy co-ed. Of course, a majority of their conversation is scripted. I was very amused today when I received the traditional phone call and she launched into her dialog and said, "Kim, we appreciated your very generous donation of ten dollars." It makes me wish I had only donated one dollar just to hear how silly it sounded!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
So Generous
Clark and I are Brigham Young University Alumni. We loved our experiences at BYU and feel that it is an institution worthy of our money. Unfortunately, at this time, we don't have much to give. We are contacted annually for their fund drive. I usually speak with a young, peppy co-ed. Of course, a majority of their conversation is scripted. I was very amused today when I received the traditional phone call and she launched into her dialog and said, "Kim, we appreciated your very generous donation of ten dollars." It makes me wish I had only donated one dollar just to hear how silly it sounded!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kim, I found a great way to stop those soliciting phone calls from BYU, move out of the country! they haven't called us for three years!
Heidi
Post a Comment