Being a born and raised Minnesota girl, weather is a big deal to me. I'm not sure if that's the case everywhere around the country. In fact, my brother and his wife live in Palo Alto, CA and I doubt that the weather fluctuates too much there to illicit much conversation. Although, my brother still in Minnesotan-mentality will attempt to carry on weather-related conversation. I love it. But I digress.
The weather has been, according to my Minnesotan-mentality, perfect. That is, if it were September or April. Yesterday it was in the 60s. Today, the high is 72! But stranger than strange, the temperature is suppose to plummet to 22 degrees tomorrow. How's this for humorous, the MoTab just came on the stereo singing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas". Definitely! Ok, so the temperature is mild and somewhat nice, but the wind, it is insane. I've never experienced anything like this. I'm surprised that Oklahoma doesn't have on it's license plate, "The Windy State".
I regularly have a pile-up of tumbleweed at my front door. Monday I had quite the battle with wind and my trash. On leaving for errands with the boys, I discovered our trash can had been blown over and was covering the driveway. Jaron and I cleaned it up, secured the lid on the can extra tight and went off on errands. Later, coming up our street I saw a huge mess of trash strewn all over the street. Dirty diapers were the primary find. Someone had kindly driven over one of the poopy diapers. Yuck.
To top it off, front in center on our driveway was a bath toy that Clark and I were attempting to sneakily throw away. We had a little turtle that squirted water. Unfortunately, he took in too much water and sat with it and other stuff was coming out with his water. We've been in the process of throwing this away for a good month. It had sat on an upper shelf for a few weeks while Jaron forgot about it. Finally, Clark disposed of it in that day's trash. There it was, in the middle of the driveway for all too see - especially Jaron. How I managed to pick that up without him seeing I'm not sure. So I collected the trash for a second time that day.
Thirty minutes later, I went out to get the mail, noticed that the garbage man had come but now I didn't have a trash can. Yep, it had blown away. I've canvassed the neighborhood on multiple times. I've seen lots of other trash cans. Plus, I've found some of my trash: a toothbrush, old contact lens case, pizza box, and a pair of socks that had holes in them. Sorry neighbors.
We've attempted several walks in this nice weather. The wind is so intense. It's quite a work out. Poor Russell. He can't stand it. He's only about 22 pounds so I'm sure he's always concerned he's going to blow away. Maybe I should take the kids to the park, then I wouldn't have to spend so much time pushing them in the swings. They would be wind-propelled.
1 comment:
Here, Here! This weather is crazy. I also am trying to get used to it. When we arrived at church it was warm and wonderful. I mentally planned a nice evening walk. When we left the church it was frigid. So much for our walk in this crazy OK.
Post a Comment