Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Seven Minutes of Our Evening

It all started with a phone call to my mom tonight. It was innocent. I was trying to figure out what a good price for honey was which led to me blabbering on about life in our house. Because of my blabbering, my mom requested I take a picture of Eliza's hair. Well . . . I pulled out the camera and started snapping pictures when we should have been doing this:

But instead, I was taking pictures of this:and this:

I find it amusing when I take Eliza's pig tails out and they essentially stay in. Especially, though it wasn't the case tonight, when she is in a grumpy mood and starts screaming at me. When you have a 2 year old with her hair standing straight out from the side of her head screaming at the top of her lungs, it's funny. That was my attempt to document.

Well, it lead to a request from Russell to take a picture of this:And of course, I needed to get a picture of his backside since I photographed Eliza's.
It's hard to resist to taking another picture of this sweet girl.
Then Jaron wanted in on the action too.

And Clark, he just wanted me to put the darn thing down so we good get these crazy kids to bed.

And I laughed and laughed and laughed because moments after this picture Eliza distributed the scriptures to everyone. Her "distribution" to Clark involved throwing the book at him which knocked Afton upside the head. Her reaction: a stunned, blinking look and then back to life as normal. If only I had gotten a picture of that.

And that, in a nutshell was our evening for about 7 minutes when we should have been reading the scriptures. Which, by the way, we still did. As I giggled.

No comments: