Wednesday, April 06, 2011

I've Got Swagger

It was a good deed gone bad. Ok, the deed part - a little service activity with our kids - went fine. Despite the little bit of running around. And the screaming. Oh, and the more running around. It went bad as we pulled out of the driveway. Our hearts glowing and our mental back-patting, the driver [don't want to disclose the guilty party, but let's just say it was NOT the person who accidentally drove into the garage wall and put a hole in the drywall] clipped over the curb and pulled off the front bumper. Uh-oh. Is that really the blessing of service?

Well a few days later, I get my ducks in a row and I determined where and when I was going to take our van in for a damage estimate. As I am on my way to the repair shop, my van is rear-ended. Not kidding. Me, eating a cookie, minding my little old business with three kids in the van--stopped at a stoplight--was hit from behind by a man driving about 45 miles an hour. Thankfully everyone was fine. It was scary but to quote Eliza, "We're ok."

Really, I had to laugh though. I was on my way to the repair shop! What are the odds? So, despite the circumstances, an hour later found me on the way to the repair shop. Might as well get the front and back fixed while we are at it.

Thanks to all that, I've got some swagger. In the form of a Toyota Sienna. Move over my precious Honda Odyssey. Me and my (4!) kids are going to be doing some swaggering this week.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Sweet! We love our swagger wagon - even Jeff who LOUDLY protested at the thought of a (insert scoffing tone) 'mini-van'. And what do we own?? No, not the gas-guzzler suburban he wanted to buy, but a swagger-wagon that he loves as one of his own children. :)

Emily said...

That's horrible! You tell a great story, though, Kim. I love the part about you eating a cookie while it happened. :)