Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Better Late . . .

Yes, we did have a 1st birthday here last month. Yes, we did celebrate it. And yes, I've been a bit, um, distracted. Then I discovered all these darling pictures and I couldn't resist.

So here goes:
What a lucky little lady Afton was. Her birthday was on a Saturday so we had the whole day to do whatever her heart desires. What am I saying, she is just 1-year-old! We did the planning. After a stop at the photo studio we headed over to the zoo. I think she enjoyed the people more than the animals.
Sadly, we lost her really cute hat at the zoo.

Afton loves her bling. She loves, loves necklaces. Her siblings promptly broke about 3 of them. As well as one of her other birthday presents. Good thing she doesn't complain.

A cake fit to be destroyed!


Finally a 1-year-old who does more than daintily pick at her cake. It probably helped that we served it about 4 in the afternoon. She loved the frosting. And she loved showing me how much she loved the frosting with a big pat on my face. Thanks Afton.



I just love 1-year-olds. Their curiosity, sense of adventure, their mess making, and their abilities to get into amusing positions.

Mmmm, we get to eat Afton for dinner.

A rare Afton moment . . . angry. I was trying to get a picture of her monster feet to show Grandma. Cute huh? We love this little girl!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily said...

Such a cute girl! And that cake was cute, too, Kim!