Friday, October 05, 2012

A Girl!

We are thrilled to introduce
Cora
 

Born Friday, September 28th
Weighing 8 lbs 2 oz
Length 21 inches

When we expecting this little tie-breaker we really had a hard time guessing if she would be a boy or a girl.  Sometimes we leaned boy, sometimes we leaned girl.  I credit my mother-in-law for giving me more surety; she enjoys predicting and for some reason is always wrong.  I had been thinking I was going to have a boy and a few months back I asked her for her prediction.  She predicted boy.  I think that's a pretty amazing track record!

Labor and delivery was relatively uneventful.  Well, if you can call delivering a baby while on Pitocin without pain meds uneventful.  Hey, I just want to keep the nurses and my husband from being bored.  She was earlier than we anticipated.  My doctor has been itching to induce me and well, he got his answer in the form of an itch.  All over on me, that is.  I was itching like crazy which apparently was a possible sign of liver issues with me which could potentially adversely affect that baby.  So off to induction I went.  Clark and I were a bit panicked since we were not prepared on who would take our kids.  Miraculously it all worked out.  And I am so, so, so grateful for the two women who at the last minute took my children.  So grateful! 

And now, we are doing it solo with five kids and happily anticipating Grandma coming next week.  I have decided that sleep is overrated but babies are so worth it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Kim, I've been terrible about reading blogs lately. Congrats on the little beauty! So excited for you guys!!!!!

Karin said...

I should really read your blog more often! Congratulations!! We are expecting in December... our 4th BOY. Go figure. :) Miss you! Hope you are getting a little sleep!
Lots of love,
Karin and all the BOYS