When you have 5 kids under the age of 7 New Year's Eve can be quite the party. Of course, maybe not the type you would attend in your more (adult) youthful days. But we pulled out all the stops! I had the grand idea to make party hats at about 7 pm. What works of art they are:

Cora was a bit overwhelmed by them. Well, she was confused by the strange things we were all sporting on our heads.
Cora was a bit overwhelmed by them. Well, she was confused by the strange things we were all sporting on our heads.
I can't even begin to explain how thrilled the kids were with these creations. They kept them days and days (and probably longer if I hadn't gotten sick of them and thrown them away.) I am constantly impressed and reminded about how we can find happiness in the simple things in life. I'm so grateful for my children teaching me that lesson again and again.
So yes, we all donned our party hats and played some rousing games of "Don't Eat Pete".
(Though we design our own game board and use whatever candy is on
hand.) Afton won; figures she would be able to figure out how to eat
the most amounts of candy. At that point, the kids tuckered out after
consuming bowls of popcorn. We "celebrated" at 8:30 by banging pots and
pans (for some reason the suggestion my mom always gave me when I was
young sounded so much better in theory than practice) and then put the
kids to bed. Clark, Cora and I lingered until about 10:30 pm after
watching a Psych episode. You don't know what you are missing until you celebrate New Year's this way.
No comments:
Post a Comment