Our local fire station had an open house this past Saturday. Not surprisingly enough, we weren't the only parents with young boys with the same great idea. However, what did surprise us was Jaron's reaction to the whole thing. I think he would have been content to sit in the car and look at the fire engines from there.
I think the only time he cracked a smile was when I got him to pose for this picture with Clark. Somewhere, Jaron has learned that he must say "Cheese" when a camera is pointed in his direction so I think he was happy to try out his new found knowledge.
Russell on the other hand was happy to be out of the house and to have something new to look at it. He drooled a few ounces of drool and was then promoted to Junior Fire Fighter status.
After spending about 20 - 30 minutes at the station we left with Jaron anxiously climbing back into the safety of the car. A few blocks away from the fire station, Jaron pipes up from the back seat: "See more fire trucks!"
1 comment:
I guess that drooling is one way to put out a flame. I've tried spitting before, but it doesn't have the same extinguishing effect.
Sounds like you're finding out what is true in our family, that when you plan fun and exciting activities, the kids might have just liked it better if they'd been at home. We've decided to press on though, and keep doing them. And, we take lots of pictures because whether they like it or not, our kids ARE going to have good memories from their childhoods.
Post a Comment