(Sorry no pictures, I decided to post this before I made them. I usually make them Saturday morning. Just use your imagination. If I remember tomorrow I'll take a picture and post.)
Cinnamon Rolls
1 cup softened margarine
2 ½ cups warm water
¾ cup sugar
2 Tbsp yeast
2 ½ tsp salt
4 eggs
8 – 8 ½ cups flour
¼ cup melted margarine
½ cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, salt, margarine and eggs. Mix flour, blending well (add enough flour so that dough is elastic but not sticky). Generously grease cookie sheet. On floured surface, roll out ½ dough to 20x12 inch rectangle. Spread with ¼ cup softened margarine. In a small bowl, combined ½ cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon; blend well. Sprinkle over dough. Starting with 20-inch side, roll up jelly-roll fashion; pinch edges firmly to seal seams. Cut into 1 inch slices. Place cut side down in prepared pan. Cover, let rise in warm place until double. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. (Dough will keep in fridge for 7 days) Let cool slightly and top with glaze of choice.
[I grew up with the powered sugar glaze. Clark added his twist to the recipe with the cream cheese glaze/frosting (he prefers it thicker) so we've been doing the cream cheese version. Our philosophy: If you are going healthy, you might as well go all out.]
Powdered Sugar Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp margarine, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 Tbsp milk
In bowl, combined powdered sugar, margarine, vanilla and milk until mixture has consistency of a glaze. Makes 1 ½ cups.
Cream Cheese Glaze:
6 Tbsp butter (real)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 – 3 tsp milk
½ cream cheese (4 Tbsp) - softened
In bowl, combined powdered sugar, margarine, vanilla, milk, cream cheese until mixture has consistency of a glaze. Add more powered sugar if you desire to thicken.
No comments:
Post a Comment