Homesickness that is. I'm absolutely homesick for Madison, Wisconsin!
A primary song has been going through my head for the past few days (yeah, I'm the primary chorister so that isn't too surprising). "Home is where the heart is, where warmth and love abound . . ." So pretty much my heart is still in Madison. Clark wanted to know if it was for our "blue abode". (We need to speak in code around here because I have a 3 1/2 year old who tells me regularly that he misses the blue house.)
I think it is combination of things. It's our ward, the people we knew in the area, it was the place itself and yes, sometimes I miss our house. When I hear that Madison is getting dumped on with snow, I miss it. When I found out that some ward members here where in Wisconsin for a funeral, I was envious!
I'm working on this sickness. I wish it would go away. I wish there were a quick and easy cure. I'm working on that thing called "attitude" so that hopefully the sickness will start to wane and not be so intense. I don't know what else to say. I just felt the need to fess up. Maybe by writing it down and telling people it will help it not hurt so much.
4 comments:
You are always welcome for a visit, and maybe that is what your homesickness needs! We would love to have you! And I think Madison is suffering from Miller Sickness... we miss you a lot!
I'm sorry we added to your home sickness. I should have brought you back some snow (in the cooler). Looking forward to tomorrow night for some good times.
Sorry you are longing for Madison. I'm sure Madison misses you, too! No matter where you are, you can always miss some other place. Perhaps it helps us appreciate the good points of places we might otherwise overlook. What color is the house you live in now? What would you miss about it if you left?
I can't relate exactly, because I like where we're living now, but I miss my friends there a LOT. I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment