Wednesday, March 04, 2009

It Says It All

I've been contemplating lately the advice, or maybe warning, people having given me about having three kids. They say it's hard. Somewhat like our first year of marriage, I keep wondering when the hard part is going to start. Maybe I'm blessed with the ability to be blissfully unaware or unconcerned.

I know that I've been blessed with easy babies. Clark asked me the other night if I think Eliza smiles more than our other babies. It's funny when we have a lengthy discussion on this topic because all our babies have been happy, smiley babies.

So I've been pretty proud of "keeping it together". Yes, there are challenging days. Days were I make a list of the one item I've completed. Days were all three kids need me at once - that's when I suddenly have a strong urge to use the bathroom. Yes, I know I look very frazzled when I'm getting my kids in and out of the car. It's hard. Three kids under the age of 3 1/2 and they all need assistance of some sort - not a party.

Every day seems to be chaotic in its own way. I had one of those days recently where I wondered where my head was. I was frantically rushing to get dinner made so we could hurry the boys out the door for swimming lessons. I was making grilled cheese sandwiches to go along with some leftover soup. As I sliced into one of those sandwiches I had one of those "it says it all" moments. No cheese. Yep, grilled cheese sandwiches but hold the cheese. Ok, so maybe I'm not "keeping it together" as much as I would like to think.

Ahhh, but it's all worth it!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Ok, I have three kids, and I think it has just been all so busy and crazy, that I haven't noticed the hard. Hopefully I never will! I still think the hardest is 0 to 1 kid. After that, it's more of a balancing act each time you add a kid! And those adorable little faces do make it all worth it!

Jamie, Amanda, and Kids said...

LOL! Kim I have had those "no cheese" days especially when Emily was little. I had to laugh that I am not the only one who forgot a couple details. If it's any consolation, it does get less physically taxing (although I am still waiting for the day I can go to the bathroom in peace) as they get older. Good luck!

Leslie said...

I'll send Morgan over, he would be in heaven! He moans and complains whenever we have grilled cheese because he doesn't like the melty cheese part. Umm...
That is pretty funny though. Made me laugh.