Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Obsession Convert

About a year ago I confessed my obsession with collecting box tops. My obsession increased this summer when I learned that the preschool I was enrolling Jaron in used box tops toward purchasing craft supplies. I was hooked. And I also had a convert to the box top frenzy.
Thanks to the ever scouting eyes of my 4 year old "Mommy, I found a Top Box", the contribution of Grandmas (and even their friends) we have been amassing them. I have also been pilfering these treasured pieces of cardboard off of items I find at church (the Cheerios box in nursery) and even removing them from boxes in the trash bins next to sample tables in the grocery store. I'm pathetic. But hey, it's been paying off. Since this summer we've collected 145. That translates into $14.50 for his school ! I know. I'm strange.
But this kid loves it. And he is so darned proud when he finds one. The thrill last week was a box of cereal with not just one but 3! And I must tell my friend Devon, I never realized it before, but I guess I've reached fogey-hood because I do indeed collect something!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Tommy's school redeems box tops, so I am a collector too!