This is one little boy who came home from preschool last Friday thrilled with his Bingo prize. A whistle!
And here a mother's love for the preschool teacher fell just a teensy-weensy little bit. A whistle?! What a thrill. (You can't hear the sarcasm in my voice. Just as you also can't hear that whistle. Consider yourself lucky.)
Is that a trill I hear? Not really, more just a squeak, squeak, S-Q-U-E-A-K. I tried to be kind, I tried to be patient. I tried to be deaf. I attempted to put on real music which he insisted "playing" along to. By 3:00 pm I had a headache.
What could be more thrilling than a whistle? Playing it outside!! I convinced Jaron that he could play it to his heart's content outside.
And what I heard . . . lovely silence. Now if I can conveniently loose that thing life would be great.
3 comments:
A whistle?!? That's just fabulous. Good luck "losing" the thing. Hopefully it gets used as a shovel,a nail or something--soon. Can't you just wait until he's playing the trumpet...Cheers! :)
I hear you on the whistle thing. We use to have 2...now we are down to one and I plan on being down to zero very very soon.
All noise making prizes should be required to stay at the location and with the person who decided it was wise to give such a thing to a child.
Good luck on misplacing it. My son used to sleep with his to make sure not to lose it.
Post a Comment