Friday, December 11, 2009

Hoarding & Tearing

I'm writing this post for my dad. You see, my dad writes a Christmas letter that is sent far and wide. It's pretty darned famous in some circles of our little social world. As a child, it was a source of much embarrassment and amusement. Embarrassment in all the things he finds amusing about you, tweaks a little for humor's sake, writes it in a letter, then sends it to all the parents of your friends and the parents of the boys you have crushes on. Amusing to laugh at all the stupid things your siblings did. This is the time of year in my family you are extra cautious in what you say. My dad really just compiles his material from about Thanksgiving on. I was practically accused today of withholding any jewel comments made by my children. I confess, I do hoard. But I have my own Christmas letter to write. But my dad, who also treasures our blogs for the wealth of material (as long as he only has to read about 2 to 3 months back) also accused me of not writing enough about my funny little boy, Russell.

So here is what Russell was up to today.
Russell loves books. He enjoys going to the library. He'll sit for about 2.3 minutes while we read a lengthy book. Russell particularly loves the privilege of looking at books in bed during nap/quiet time. And why I haven't learned my lesson that Russell also gets quite a thrill out of tearing pages out of books, I can't answer. I wish I could say that this was his first book to destroy. But every family must have at least one child that enjoys ripping books. Russell seems to be the one.

What I find amusing about this book is that while reading it to Russell and Jaron last night, Russell noticed that the book had been previously ripped and then patched up. He asked, "Did I do that?" I went on to explain that he was not the culprit of the destruction on that book. Well, today he decided to remedy that. And it wasn't just one page. He started with the first and every page thereafter until I happened to be walking by his room and heard the tearing sound. 10 pages. 10 pages out of a 24 page book. I'm glad I caught him when I did. Gosh, it sure is getting embarrassing to go to the library and return these books!

So there you go Dad. I wrote about Russell.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: