Wednesday, December 02, 2009
O Christmas Tree
We went on our annual hunt for a Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. I love getting real trees and it's fun wandering the Christmas tree farm looking at tree after tree. We decided to get our tree this year in Kansas while visiting Clark's parents for Thanksgiving. I laughed when we showed up to the farm and they pointed out that they had fresh-cut Wisconsin fir trees! I was very tempted to bring a piece of home with me to Oklahoma. But we went hunting for our own Kansas grown Scotch pine.
The weather was beautiful and warm. No hats, mittens or coats needed. Although we did enjoy apple cider and hot chocolate. Eliza had no problem wandering aimlessly with us as we considered each and every tree.
Russell contemplates a tree just his size.
Checking out the leaves.
Ok, I laugh myself silly every time I see this picture. I even asked Jaron if he thought he looked funny in the picture. He didn't think so. Was this excitement about getting a tree? Or posing for a family picture? Nope, he thought the sun was in his eyes so this was his attempt to block the sun and still pose for a picture. Hmmm, no one else seems to be squinting.
And we were so glad that Grandma and Grandpa Miller could join us on our search!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment