I'm sure we are wearing her out around here. We just enjoyed having my dad and brother, Blake, join the fun on Thursday. Then my awesome sister, Kirsten and her mob added to the chaos yesterday. Just so you know, her license plate on her ultra stretch van says "The Mob". I love it.
Afton was blessed yesterday by Clark, her Grandpa Halverson and a member of our bishopric. The circle was smaller than it has been in times past, but I felt that the other priesthood holders in her life were there in spirit.
Yep this us. Can't you see how thrilled all our kids are to be there taking a picture?? We are all still adapting to this change in our family. (Gosh, that is such an understatement.)
I'm so, so, so, so, so thankful for my mom. She was here for 2 weeks. I wish it could have been longer. Although, she is probably so grateful to go. She was a huge help. Just even in the little things. I realized this morning when I heard the washer finish I was going to have put those clothes in the dryer. And the thought went through my head I was going to have to fold those clothes too. They are still in the dryer.
But it was more than her physical help. She has such a great presence. Always quietly serving. Seeing what needs to be done and doing it. Or just sitting down with one of the kids and reading book after book after book. I credit her for my love of reading. She gives me hope that I can do this; although she can't remember how she survived in my same situation years ago. She did so with her sense of humor intact!
And I just need to include this picture because I love how scrunchy and snuggly newborns are. Sometimes, that's what gets me through those hard moments.
1 comment:
She is so adorable. I loved the curled-up newborns. They grow so fast (everyone says that, I know). I love the family picture too. Ours are like that where you can tell the kids aren't so thrilled to be there :) I love your family Kim!
Post a Comment