Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Laundry by the Numbers


Today was my Laundry Day. Hold you breath for the forth coming excitement.

Laundry for a family of 6 . . .

takes 20 minutes to sort . . .

and 45 minutes of dedicated time to fold.

6 loads washed today . . .

and 1 more to go.

5 pairs of clothing shed before 4:30 pm today and awaiting cleaning.

9 pairs of pants washed and folded for Russell.

7 days since my last laundry day . . .

but ran 7 loads in between Laundry Days.

Jaron ran out of socks 1 day ago. Russell ran out of socks 2 days ago and underwear 1 day ago.

6 folded, clean burp cloths - 4 laying around; not sure if they are clean or dirty.

2 laundry baskets held together with duct tape.

1 very tired ME!

(Anyone want to help me put it all away??)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Am I terrible...I honestly don't remember the last time I folded and put laundry away. I don't want to turn into my mother with the pile of CLEAN clothes at the foot of her bed (with grown adult children...eeek), luckily, JD helps fold and put away here because I would not survive. I actually enjoy doing laundry, but it's all the other stuff that has to get done....wish ya lived closer!

Alison said...

Ummm, this is where you give your kids their own laundry basket, fill it and tell them to put it away themselves. Sure it gets shoved into any drawer that's open, but it gets put away and they learn responsibility - quality of a job well done comes a lot, ALOT later. I'm still working on the 'putting my clothes away' part......but my kids are really good that. :)