Monday, November 01, 2010

Beggar's Night

Because we live in the bible belt we lucked out in people being willing to hand out candy on Saturday evening. It was a bit chaotic trying to get our kids ready and out the door. Jaron wanted to ride his scooter. Russell wanted to go shoe and sockless and ride his tricycle. Eliza wanted to push her lawn mower. To add to that, there were lots of people milling about in our yard watching a certain celebrity walk up and down our street. Clark saw him and was still unimpressed. I just wish the neighbor guy standing on my lawn would have stopped puffing on his obnoxious smelling cigar. Who knew someone walking up and down our street was so exciting? I didn't see anyone else attempting to take pictures of my darling kids! Oh well.


This is one of the only pictures we have of Jaron in his costume. In true Jaron fashion he requested to be a snowman. Not surprising from a boy who always thinks it is going to snow. Just this morning as I was dropping him off for school, he jumped out of the van and declared, "I think it smells and looks like it will snow today." Nice prediction.
Eliza's costume cracked me up. She wore it almost all day on Thursday. And occasionally got grumpy or angry about something. I just couldn't take her seriously as she was melting down. I mean really, she was just any angry bumble bee! But for the most part, she was just cute. And I loved hearing her sweet little voice say, "Thank you" at each door. I wish my boys would have remembered to be so polite (maybe about half the time).
Ribbit, Ribbit, Russell.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And again, a random photo of Afton.


Often Clark and I will be carrying Afton around while attempting to manage the chaos in our home. And you'll look down and she'll just be grinning wildly at you. It makes you feel bad that you haven't been enjoying the smiles the entire time. But it sure is fun to "catch" her smiling at you. Have I mentioned she is sweet? Well, she is!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa Rampton Halverson said...

The costumes are darling! I love the snowman idea (even though I hate snow! :). David thought Russell's costume was great!