Friday, October 29, 2010

Star Struck

I'm a stay-at-home mom. A housewife. A home maker. What ever you want to call it, you get my point. Thrills in my life consist of a clean kitchen, no laundry to do and finding a great deal at the grocery store. So you'll have to forgive me that this afternoon's events gave me a bit of a thrill.

There is a movie being shot here in our little ville. I can't say if it is a major motion picture or anything but it does have a big name or two starring in it. Yesterday I got a knock on the door with a woman informing me that they would be doing some filming at the home around the corner. There was also a possibility of some filming taking place on our street. She wanted to know if they could shoot the exterior of our home. Sure, why not?

Of course, I was curious about the filming that was taking place. Not brave enough to walk down the block and attempt to do some star-gawking. I was in the midst of menu planning and creating my grocery list (Friday night fun!) when Jaron requested for me to close his blinds. His room is in the front of the house and I couldn't believe the sight I saw out the window. Lots and lots of kids outside playing. Adults milling about talking. Ummm, this is very atypical of my neighborhood.

Being curious, I spotted my neighbor/friend Rachel across the street. I quizzed her as to the memo I missed. Apparently they were going to be filming in the street soon and anyone who wanted there kids in the movie could have them outside playing. Ok, I'm up for that. Thankfully I was decently dressed and Russell accommodated my request to get out of his pajamas. (It's been a thing lately for my kids, to get into their pjs at 3 in the afternoon.)

Well before too long we were outside watching a camera crew make their way down our street. And they made their way down our street and into our yard. And there stood Ben Afleck. In my yard. Yep, about 12 feet from me. Should I say that again? Ben Afleck in my yard. Eliza could have cared less as she tooled around our driveway pushing her lawn mower. I was amused about how my kids had little reaction to the small mob of people and cameras and other movie thingys as they crowded our yard and then into our driveway.

And five minutes later they were headed across the street and away. It was pretty darn cool.
Look hard at that picture. There is a ball laying in the grass. That's where he stood.

Standing at the ball looking toward where me and kids were by the garage. A picture can't capture the closeness.

Before long I was back in the house changing a blowout diaper, dealing with a toddler tantrum, and then nursing a baby on the couch looking at my toy and book strewed family room. Life goes on.

By the way, he looks like a pretty normal guy except he was wearing make-up.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

wow! that is cool!

Alison said...

Happy day for you! I have a not-so-secret crush on Ben Affleck - he's way good-looking!! And Jeff has a not-so-secret crush on his wife - Jennifer Garner... :)