Sunday, June 05, 2011

Dishwashing

A whole army of ants took over my dishwasher this week. Maybe I should be ashamed to share this, but well, it's a fact of life. Ants come in people's homes. So in a vain attempt to exterminate the ants our dishwasher has been on lock down. We've resorted to doing dishes the old fashioned way.

The amazing thing, being the nightly kitchen helper has suddenly become a hot commodity. Who knew dishes could be so fun?

(Russell and me, sporting my newly clipped hair. I chopped off 6-8 inches, people! I think barely anyone has noticed.)

The past two nights have resulted in near knock-down drag-out fights to be a dish scrubber. Sadly no, Clark and I were not the participants in either of these fights. I'm also sure the novelty of this will wear off in a night or two. Though I'm sure the ants will be around all summer.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The best thing we've used to get rid of ants is Ortho Home Defense Max. Those little stinkers stay away (in theory) from where you've sprayed for about a year. I wouldn't spray where kids might touch then stick hands in their mouths though. We've done it on kitchen walls and around the outside of our house.

By the way...you're hair looks great. That's the perfect length on you!