Twenty minutes ago found me doing what any self-respecting mother does in the middle of nap time/quiet time when there is laundry to be folded, dinner to be made, a house to clean . . . I was attempting to take a nap. Actually, I was being a very good wife and I answered the phone to talk to my husband whom I knew was calling. I could have very effectively used that time sleeping but that was just as relaxing. Still, I was laying on my bed engaged very intensely on the task of being responsible only to myself.
All the while, my almost 4 year old, Russell was engaged in the task of entertaining himself. He had turned off his PBS show, been through the markers and coloring book (which he had got out himself) and then I heard the sound of the garage door. Five minutes after pulling my lazy body off the bed I saw this:

A very determined and creative boy decided to figure out an easy way to open the garage. I found Russell hunched over his big brother's bike attempted to affix the training wheels with dad's tools. After a few minutes assistance from me he was rolling.

He has been working on mastering riding a bike for a few weeks. Good thing we decided to get him a bike for his birthday. Too bad it's weeks away! However, I'm impressed with his persistence to work on something hard. He falls and is unsure but works and works at it. Same thing with the 2-wheeled scooter.
And speaking of persistence. Check out this little monkey:

Can we say, 8 months old but following in the footsteps of big brothers and sister to be walking by 9 1/2 months. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment