Eliza sings.
She especially loves to chirp a little tune about as we shop.
The old people love it!
Sadly, I must admit, that I sometimes don't even notice it. Or, in other words, I think I've begun to tune her out. That is, until a kind lady or gentleman calls attention to her sweet singing. It makes me smile. It chides to me to appreciate that blooming flower right under my nose instead of the little weed that may be in the garden.
Her happiness is like that to me. Walking in a gorgeous garden full of life, color and smell. Each of my children has that ability to bring me so much joy and pleasure. But often, I get encumbered by those small details -- maybe like weeds -- which keep me from paying attention to that beauty and happiness.
It's such a balancing act being a mother.
Seeing and being there and investing in that moment while taking care of all those vital and essential tasks that keep life humming.
It's like Russell constantly saying to me, "Watch this" while he performs some various physical act.
Am I watching? Am I listening? Am I in tune to them?
I'm working on focusing on those little tunes that my children carrying around with them daily. They really are a musical little ensemble.
No comments:
Post a Comment