Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hammer Time

I got you didn't I? Sorry, this post isn't about an old pop song. But I must confess, it's been going through my head for a few minutes. It's hot around here. Not to complain or anything. Just stating the facts. I think it's hot around most places. I grew up in frigid Minnesota where we had to be creative about breaking the dull drums of cabin fever as we dreamed of escaping the cold with a beautiful, hot July day. Never did I dream that I would have to figure out ways to overcome cabin fever in July!!

So . . . out comes some boards, nails and hammers. The kids can crazily entertain themselves on a 103 degree day for only about $3 and I can bask in wonderful air conditioning. Hours of entertainment. You know the best thing about all this? Well, despite the air conditioning? No fighting! No mind numbing TV! And they are working on some hand/eye coordination. I think by the end of the week they'll be ready to help build the home at the end of the street.

Great fun!
Did you spot those band-aids?
Even Afton is entertained. She loves the show they are putting on for her. So is there going to be a run of moms heading to the local hardware store? One small recommendation: find the nails with the widest head you can. Makes it easiest for hitting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: