It's bothered me; the silence on my blog. My inability to blog. But hence, I've had this writer's block. Maybe it isn't the lack of thought or ability to write but the ability to put into words what I'm thinking and feeling. Let's just put it this way: Moving is a lonely business. What else can I say about that?
So here were a few recent scenes from my home the first week of December.
Hours spent pouring over books and magazines. What's the point of putting them away? We'll just get them out again tomorrow.
We are decorated for Christmas. Notice the crooked star. I find it amusing. And another thing I find amusing is what is hard to tell in this picture is the lack of ornaments on the tree the bottom 1/4. We have an Afton in the house, need I say more?
Music, music and music. I haven't lacked for entertainment. I joined up with the MN Mormon Chorale (a semi-professional) choir. Actually, what I should say is that I auditioned and was accepted into the choir 5 minutes before a very intense 2 1/2 hour rehearsal. I only had a whole concert full of music to learn and some memorized! One memorized song I sang for the first time the choir at a concert. Yeah, I'm a little proud of myself for that one. Oh, and this song I sang from memory too. Russell loves this song.
And I couldn't resist capturing a picture of Russell. My sweet little social four-year-old is struggling with this move a little bit. He misses his friends. He misses Jaron. But he doesn't lack for teasing his sisters; good thing that's still intact.
So there you have it. I've written. Maybe I'm over the writer's block. We'll see!

1 comment:
So I have to ask, since you tried out, and they learned you can sing soprano very well, are you a soprano or an alto? I know your voice says soprano, but your desires is alto. Maybe we could come visit for Connor's birthday. He's requested a sledding party. Doesn't look very promising here. =)
Post a Comment