We celebrated a birthday for a three year old! It's funny that she is finally three because for a few months I've been telling people she is three. She wants to be more grown up then she is. She is still full of smiles, curls, songs and periodically some melt-downs.
Eliza derived great pleasure from the simple things about her birthday. The phone calls, hearing "Happy Birthday" or someone singing to her. She really enjoyed choosing the breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu and what her cake would look like. Her activity of choice for the evening was to go to a community center indoor playground. This thing was huge, with tunnels, a maze and slides. It's like a McDonald's playland on steroids.
We had a hard time catching these boys. They could move so fast through this stuff.
I wish we had gotten a picture of how high this structure was. Clark and I crazily decided to climb this structure with the kids to get to the tallest slide. There should be a warning that this isn't intended for adults. I cannot manipulate my body as easily as these kids can. But we made it and the slide down was a wild ride. I think Afton wanted to go again. Not going to happen.
Happy Birthday Eliza!

No comments:
Post a Comment