Recently I stumbled upon a recipe for a bird seed wreath. Luckily my local Aldi carries extra large bags of birdseed for dirt cheap so I was convinced that I needed to attempt this with my kids. Since we are in the month of love we experimented with little heart cake pans and cookie cutters to shape the "wreaths".
Hard at work. Should I mention that while this was interesting to my kids they also managed to get a whole lot of birdseed all over my kitchen floor? Fun, fun.
After letting it set for a day or so I tied ribbons through them and we hung the bird seed hearts on our tree in the front. The kids were really excited about this and hoping birds would come immediately to the feast. No such luck. Strangely, the kids didn't think writing a note would work to attract the birds.
I had also made a large wreath which I've hung outside our back window. Periodically we've seen a chickadee or two getting some grub. It's particularly thrilling to Afton and she'll smack the window and scare the birds away.
We had lots of fog recently and this day we woke up to the trees covered in this beautiful, gorgeous frost.
I have to throw this picture in here. Russell is posing with "Russell the Snowman". Who, by the way, is still going strong in front of our house minus some eyes and a nose and maybe a mouth.

No comments:
Post a Comment