Our life is upheaval again. We are on the road to Bartlesville after getting packed up and moved out these past few days.
There has been so much I wanted to blog about:
• Jaron deciding to use his newly acquired knowledge of the garage code. He ended up closing the garage door on the opened minivan trunk and getting the garage door stuck on the van door. Very fun. Hope we get our security deposit back.
• That same week Clark got rear-ended while driving the van. We seem to be setting a trend on damaging our vehicle multiple times in one week.
• What an awesome experience it was singing with the MN Mormon Chorale. It was such a gift to me in so many ways, namely it was the only place here I really made friends. (I'm going to miss you Liz!). Plus we had the awesome privilege of performing Rob Gardner's "Lamb of God". Stunning! Who would have thought I would have had an opportunity to really do one of his pieces again 11 years after going to school with him.
• Our kids single (or I should say multi) handedly attempting to make sure we don't get our security deposit back on our rental house.
• An awesome visit to Madison, WI where was saw friends and sights but didn't do any protesting. A drive by our old house was sobering. It didn't look too hot. (Davises you house looked great. Your landscaping is flourishing. )
• Finally selling our house in Bartlesville!
• Enjoying the luxury of Clark working from home. I'm not sure if I am going to miss that or the proximity to Target more. Not sure how Clark will feel about time with him compared to shopping at Target. It's a good thing, trust me.
• All the wonders of moving. The loaders showed up unexpectedly Thursday afternoon. We assumed they would prep a little bit of our furniture and put stuff down on the floors. We left for the evening and when we returned hours later we found almost the entire contents of our house on the main floor. Picture wall to wall boxes and furniture stacked shoulder high. It was a hunt to find dressers to locate pjs. Nothing like a little hunting at 10 pm when you have tired kids to get in bed.
Ok, I typed more than I intended but forgot plenty more. For viewing entertainment I snapped pictures of our kids entertaining themselves on the packers truck. And a note Jaron left for the packers on his alarm clock. I'm still chuckling about that.


1 comment:
Kim--it was so fun to open up your blog and read a personal report of our house! We miss it so! I'm jealous that you got to swing through the old Mad-town. I believe the last time that I posted on your blog I said we needed a real catch-up, and now it's needed more than ever! Good luck on the next Miller family adventure. I hope that the path feels blessed and easy and happy. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment