What? Can I not post this since it is almost August?? I think I should be granted a bit of slack due to the fact that it has been over a 100 degrees for probably three weeks . . . and these birthdays both fell on the week that we moved in.
Russell, who turned five, thought that he would hit a major growth spurt on the big day. I don't know if he was disappointed to discover that that didn't magically happen. I'm grateful it didn't since he had already been having a major growth spurt for the months leading up to his birthday.
I can't believe he's five. He is anxiously looking forward to starting Kindergarten and even removed his training wheels from his bike and is doing wonderfully with the minimal amount of biking he squeezes in. Seriously, you can't bike here in the summer without attracting heat stroke within 10 minutes.
I think he was a lot more enthusiastic about his birthday then what is reflected in pictures. I should also add, I love Where's Waldo books. They are so engrossing and entertaining.
Eliza checking out the birthday "cake". Such a funny expression. I'm so grateful that Russell wanted just a dirt cake with worms. I don't think I was capable of producing any type of cake creation.
These just make me laugh:
Smiling Afton.
Clark celebrated his birthday three or four days after we moved in. I can't remember. I use the word "celebrated" loosely. I didn't get him any presents and I lost the only card that came to him in the mail. I remembered a few days later that my parents had a gift for him that I had packed somewhere.
He requested an ice cream cake and specifically told me he wanted it store bought. After checking out two stores (with 4 kids in town) with no luck I assume that is just not a luxury that can be aquirre in this 'ville. However, Clark who dearly loves Blue Bell ice cream was very happy with his Cake and Ice Cream flavored ice cream. Awesome.

1 comment:
Just catching up on your blog. Sounds like things have definitely not been dull! I hope you are feeling alright, Kim.
Post a Comment