
We live close to a beautiful botanical garden. I would go every day if I can, but lately, I'm content to venturing over every other week. A side note: we live in a city that has a bit of snobbery about the east side verses the west side. Well, the east side won out and has these great gardens. I'm always amazed by the number of people I met who live on "the west" side who have never been to
Olbrich Gardens. Their typical response to me, "Well, we don't make it to the east side very often." These gardens cost nothing to enjoy - just a short 15 minute drive!

Jaron has been going to these gardens since he was a baby and he loves them. He especially gets very excited about the fountains.

Russell liked just taking a stroll and testing out his new walking shoes. A few times he found soft landing in the plants and flowers - oh well.

Spring is just beautiful!

We managed to get Jaron to slow down long enough to stop and smell the tulips.

"These legs are made for walking, and that's just what I'll do."

Of course, equally exciting is the rock path. Russell didn't mind sitting down and checking out rocks and shadows. Not to mention how tired his little legs were.
2 comments:
Your pictures are making me jealous! Living in Arizona, I really miss having the seasons.
Melinda
Wow, as an Eastsider I have to say, I haven't discovered the treasures of Olbrich yet either. However, you may have just inspired this couch potato to find a new haunt (the old one being the pier at Tenney Park on Lake Mendota)
Post a Comment