Like a lot of church members in the Madison area - we somewhat reluctantly confess - we were ecstatic when our Stake Conference was canceled and therefore had no church responsibilities on Saturday and Sunday. So after putting up our Christmas tree for the second time, we hunkered down and enjoyed a blissfully, obligation-free weekend.
Of course, that also entailed caring for two sick children, who for some unknown reason, have yet to shake their cold/croup bug. Russell has been going for over a week and Jaron now pushing 5 days. Russell's sickness is quite delightsome in that he can frequently get himself coughing hard enough that he looses everything his tummy. This typically takes place while sitting in bed with me. This habv s resulted in changes of clothing for Russell, Kim and the bed. I'm averaging two loads of laundry a day. I never before have felt so grateful for my washing machine. On the upside, Clark and I have a freshly made bed every day. It's almost like living in a hotel . . . almost!
It really was great to have Clark home the whole weekend, without distractions. I have to admit, I haven't enjoyed a "snow day" probably since I was in elementary school. (And then I was just glad for an excuse to stay home and play in the snow all day.) Why can't we have snow days more often? Well, back to the grindstone. I have about 4 laundry baskets full of clothes to fold. (And more on the way!)
No comments:
Post a Comment