I had a lot of time to ponder the implications of spiders this week as I spent a lot of time on the phone. This really wasn't enjoyable quality time. I was attempting to cancel and set up utilities and other services. I probably in total have spent over 10 hours on the phone working on these tasks. 90% of that time was spent trying to get my phone and internet ordered. I really should be questioning my sanity that I would allow a company to put me through that kind of torture before I even become there customer. I can only envision the spiders taking over my house and eating through the phone lines so all this effort would have been in vain.
Sunday, September 07, 2008
Spiders and Other Inconveniences
I do not like spiders. I probably am on the borderline of having arachniphobia. It probably doesn't help that I can sense when a spider is in the room - even in the dark. For those of you who don't know, apparently the further south you move in the country, the bigger the spiders get. Some people have told me there are spiders in Bartlesville the size of a silver dollar (they get in the houses). Doesn't the name grass biter sound creepy? Looks like I'm not letting my kids outside. Of course, houses are never safe either. Spiders always want to get in during the fall and winter.
And it seems that we are moving into tarantula country. Seriously! I've spoken with a few people on the phone this past week that have seen them "in town". One man I spoke with, lives in a neighborhood that we considering living in. He said he saw one recently in his neighbor's driveway. The size of "a woman's fist" as he described it. Ewww, doesn't even begin to describe it.
I had a lot of time to ponder the implications of spiders this week as I spent a lot of time on the phone. This really wasn't enjoyable quality time. I was attempting to cancel and set up utilities and other services. I probably in total have spent over 10 hours on the phone working on these tasks. 90% of that time was spent trying to get my phone and internet ordered. I really should be questioning my sanity that I would allow a company to put me through that kind of torture before I even become there customer. I can only envision the spiders taking over my house and eating through the phone lines so all this effort would have been in vain.
I had a lot of time to ponder the implications of spiders this week as I spent a lot of time on the phone. This really wasn't enjoyable quality time. I was attempting to cancel and set up utilities and other services. I probably in total have spent over 10 hours on the phone working on these tasks. 90% of that time was spent trying to get my phone and internet ordered. I really should be questioning my sanity that I would allow a company to put me through that kind of torture before I even become there customer. I can only envision the spiders taking over my house and eating through the phone lines so all this effort would have been in vain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment