Friday, July 17, 2009

Sick Day?

I got nailed by a pretty bad infection this week that had me essentially bed-ridden all day Wednesday. Clark sweetly took the morning off work. Mostly he was worried about the safety and well-being of our children. Hey, when I'm so weak it's hard for me to even stand I'm a little worried about my ability to hold my 17+ lb baby let alone care for anyone else.

So after Clark took Jaron to swimming and got my antibiotic I was left on my own to fend for myself and care for three kids. I mastered the ability to tend my kids while I laid on the floor and hoped that no one would need anything, touch me or even breath on me. They did quite well for afternoon. I pretty much crashed in bed that night at 8:30 after getting the kids to bed and was still feeling pretty lethargic yesterday. Today my house is trashed.

Everywhere I look there is a mess. Piles of dirty clothes in the laundry room, Eliza's room, the boys room, our bathroom. (Very atypical of me!) Leftover painting stuff in our room and the laundry room from the week-long paint-our-room project; not to mention putting the rest of the blinds back together and pulling tape off. Dishes, crumbs, sticky table - need I say more about my kitchen? Toys and lots of little toy frogs everywhere you turn in our house. Oh, and did I mention the missionaries are coming over for dinner tonight? I would keep listing things but it's getting depressing.

So as a mom and a woman do I ever really get a sick day? Sure, I can be sick but then I'm really going to be sick and tired when I see everything that's needs to be taken care of.

I ignored it today and went shopping for the morning (although not a real treat when you have to drive nearly an hour one way for decent shopping and take 3 little kids). And I'm ignoring it for the afternoon and blogging.

I think I'm gonna be sick tomorrow.

No comments: