Friday, May 21, 2010

Dirty Work

My husband insists that I come clean. I'm apparently making him do my dirty work. While I causally tell people that I haven't shopped at Walmart since January he has been taking over my dreadful chore and doing it for me. So there, it's out.

However, I don't know if Clark going 3 whole times qualifies as my dirty work. Especially since he was already planning on going one time and I begged him to buy me some white cheddar popcorn that I have difficultly finding anywhere but there. I'm so addicted to this stuff. I've essentially survived 2 pregnancies (and almost three!) by the consumption of white cheddar popcorn. Let me tell you about sacrifices! So he has sweetly stocked up on it for me. I think I currently have 4 bags. So exciting.

And his most recent trip he probably deserves a medal of honor for putting up with me. I finally had him put to use a $100 gift card he won. After months of thinking what would we really want for $100 from Walmart we finally decided to indulge and purchase items that we would effectively throw away anyway: diapers, pull ups, wipes. We are incredibly exciting people. And being the crazy coupon lady I sent him with a long list of what to buy and a stack of about 16 coupons. And the sweet man that he is, he did it. I think he secretly enjoyed how much he saved, not to mention the fact that he scored 2 packages of his favorite Bic pens for FREE with the use of my incredible coupons. I think he was happy about that one. Especially since he expects those pens to last for another 10 years. (Gosh, I could write a whole other post just detailing all the free things we've acquired using coupons. It's fun.)

So there. I've come clean. My husband shops at Walmart.