Friday, May 14, 2010
Graduation?
We experienced a first today. Jaron graduated from preschool. I must say, I find it amusing that they have a graduation but he was thrilled with the attention. I feel a little emotional that this year of preschool is over and done with. Maybe they really do do these things for the parents; I need the closure. I have adored his teacher (as has he). I'm going to miss having something for him to do 3 days a week. I'm going to miss an educational opportunity where there are only 7 kids in the classroom and he's thoroughly spoiled with all kinds of attention. I'm going to miss being treated with respect just because I'm my son's parent. (I've lacked that in the few interactions I've had with his elementary school.)
The amusing thing of the day was when Ms. Sonia shared with us something Jaron said this morning. She must have been talking with her class about how it was the last day and she wouldn't see them. Well, this is a small town where you regularly run into people you know. One of the kids commented that they would probably see her at Walmart. Most likely they will! Which Jaron then pipped up, "My mommy doesn't shop at Walmart anymore." I laughed and laughed. He's got that right! And I'm saving, at last check, over $60 a month not doing just exactly that! But poor kid, he's losing out on the social opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your kids are looking so grown-up!
Post a Comment