Monday, May 10, 2010

Wild Flowers



In my opinion, Oklahoma is not as lush and green and beautiful as I'm use to. (No offense locals!) I am however, finding some beautiful natural features even if I do miss lots and lots of trees. I feel lucky that our neighborhood has several undeveloped lots. And when they go unmowed they grow the most beautiful wild flowers. My pictures don't really do them justice but I wanted to show a few I recently picked; about 8 different varities though I saw well over a dozen different flowers.

My kids love going on flower picking excusions with me. I love all the unique flowers I find. A few weeks ago it was lots of purples and now they are changing over to yellows and whites and a few reds. Periodically I find a few solo unusual flowers that are gorgeous and I sit a moment and admire and then move on. I try not to pick everything! I need to enjoy them while I can since I know that some of my neighbors don't like the undeveloped lots overgrowing and probably any day now a mower will come and mow down all those beauties. Gosh, I love flowers!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Flowers said...

It is wonderful that you were featured with the beautiful flowers you post.