Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Blessing

We drove up to Kansas City, Kansas this past weekend to bless Eliza. It was a wonderful experience to be with Clark and my parents as well as my brother, Brad and his wife, Anne-Marie and family for her blessing. Clark gave her a lovely blessing. I was especially touched to hear the emotion in his voice throughout the blessing. I find it very fitting that she was blessed on our 8 year engagement anniversary. (I'll have to write about that in another post at another time.)We were both grateful that we decided to bless her in KC because my parents hit a snow storm on the way down and Clark's mother is recovering from knee surgery. All in all it was a great time.

A few pictures:



I take credit for nothing in this picture except for the darling little girl. The dress was purchased by a friend, the blanket made by Grandma Miller, the bow made by Grandma Halverson and the bracelet made by Aunt Anne-Marie.

I hadn't even considered getting her a blessing dress. When discussing it with Clark he said we should do a blessing dress so that she wouldn't feel "deprived" when she got older and realized we returned a dress instead of using it. I'm grateful for his insistence (even though he sounded crazy to me at the time) because it was so fun to see her in it.
Two adoring brothers.
Our little (?!) family. Ok maybe when we average the weight or height of our family we are still relatively little but in terms of numbers I guess we've passed the national average.

All in white

Tuckered out from the dressing up, pictures and adoration. She's dribbling a little milk out of her mouth which I find amusing.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is adorable Kim. How lovely and cute the bracelet. I'm so happy for you and Clark. We miss your family.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Kim, I forgot to put my name under anonymous...it's me Chaa.