I don't take too much credit for this other than finding a recipe/picture and then envisioning the red caboose. Making and decorating the cake really didn't take that long but it was a late night (11 pm) when I finally arrived home with cake in tow. I was ready to drop into bed when Eliza decided to wake up and request some attention. Which continued on until past 1 AM. Then she proceeded to wake up every hour or so throughout the night to check up on us. So fun!
But it was all worth it to see the surprise on this little boy's face (captured best on video). And he happily proclaimed while consuming cake, "Mommy, I'm eating the couple." Or "Mommy, I ate some of the coal from the coal car!"
Of course, when he declared the next day the best thing about his birthday was his train cake I was already making plans for an elaborate cake for Russell. I'm addicted. Maybe next time I can get a little more sleep.
3 comments:
That's awesome! It is addicting! My kids look forward to their cake each year... some years are better than others. You did a great job! It looks fantastic! I can't believe he's four!
so so cute!! I am way impressed.
Kim-That is absolutely adorable. I'm so impressed. Very cute! Eliza is so cute, too, and getting so big. I can see she doesn't suffer from lack of entertainment with her two brothers. :)
Post a Comment