I just disclosed to my husband that I was going to go public with a recent conversation. Maybe I'm doing this to tease him a little like he likes to tease me (as you will read).
The other evening Clark out of the blue mentioned to me, "Wow Kim, you haven't been to Wal-mart in almost 8 months." [Really, this isn't a regular source of conversation . . . so far from it!]
Me: "I know, it's amazing. But I think that's going to change soon with having the baby."
Clark: "Why does that have to change?"
Me: "Well, life will get a little more complicated with a newborn making trips to Target (45 minutes away) more challenging."
Clark: "Well, I think you need to stick it out until the end of the year. Just to say you did it."
Small point here, I never made a goal to avoid this store for a year. I just wanted to see how long I could go avoiding it. Far longer than I anticipated. And really, I haven't missed it.
Fast forward to about 30 minutes ago. I'm on the phone with Clark telling him how I saw a request at Jaron's classroom for Play-doh. I really would like to fulfill that request and wished I had noticed it last week before we took a huge shopping trip in Tulsa. I then told him, "Looks like you'll be going to Walmart this weekend to buy some. And while your there a puzzle or two for Russell since he's going crazy over them and we only have three."
I hear a pause on the other end and Clark makes his famous Walmart related statement, "Sure, make me do your dirty work."
Where's the support????
(It just donned on me, we have a Kmart in town. I don't know why I always forget that. I guess I can keep Clark from doing my so-called dirty work.)
1 comment:
Hi, Kim -- I haven't checked in on you for a while -- when is the new baby due? All is well here in California. You've had an exciting summer! Jaron is so grown up and now off to school. XO
Post a Comment