Sunday, August 01, 2010

Some Like it Hot

I drug my kids outside this morning - already 90+ degrees outside - to take some pictures by our flowers that thrive in the heat. I'm amazed at what thrives in heat; mostly because I don't. I'm not a heat person. I think people are insane that live here. Me included. I'm totally a northern girl and this summer has proved it. Being pregnant with unrelenting heat, well let's just say I'm not a happy camper. Hearing the news report that the whole week is over 100 degrees and that doesn't include the humidity factor. That stinks. I would go drown my sorrows in the community pool but they are closing it this week. Why? Too hot? Nope, school starts. Insane I tell you. Insane.

I have to confess though. These tress/bushes/flowers whatever you want to call them are beautiful. Crepe myrtle trees. They come in a variety of colors. And they are lush and beautiful and love the heat. I'm envious of people who have red ones. Gorgeous!
Russell just captures how I start to feel trapped in the house day after day; like I'm going bonkers!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily said...

Such a cute picture of your kids!! I loved the Crepe myrtle trees, too. I'm miserable here with our mid-90s temps and humidity. Hang in there!!