Thursday, February 14, 2008

Engagement Plant

This is just a little ode to my engagement plant. I call it my engagement plant because Clark gave it to me 7 years ago today - the day before he proposed to me. Amazingly enough, it's still flourishing! It was a lot smaller than this when I got it. I love having this plant around as a frequent bench mark of how our relationship has grown and changed. It's interesting to watch that over the course of time, the engagement plant will bend toward the sun. I'm always having to move it or turn it or adjust it so that it will grow straight and tall. A little bit like marriage. I'm hoping that this plant will continue to flourish for years to come. I envision someday showing my engagement plant to my grandkids. Of course, by then, it will probably be giantic - like the size of those rainforest trees. But I love this plant. Not as much as I love Clark though!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kelly said...

hey, I think I watered that plant once while you were on your extended vacation one summer. I'm glad to see that it is flourishing, and you know, it feels good knowing that I did my part with it, too, however small it may have been. :)