5 Amazingly, Exciting, Interesting, Little-known Things About Moi:
(in no particular order, just how it comes to me)
- I'm learning to play the organ. This is a little bit of a terrifying venture for me. I was recently called as one of the ward sacrament meeting accompanist. I play the piano, but my ability to "play" can sometimes be up for debate. As I confessed to a friend in my ward recently, I would much rather sing the hymns to the congregation every week than have to accompany them! Anyway, I'm learning to play the organ. It's something that I never really wanted to do. I grew up in a home where my mother and sister (she was an organ minor) both play. We even have an organ in our home. I was a little rebel and refused to learn. Well, now I'm learning. Yeah for me.
- I love to dance . . . at home . . . to any kind of music (even my own made up tunes) . . . but only with my kids as an audience. I frequently put on all sorts of crazy shows, especially during lunch. They love it. However, one day I broke out into my song and dance routine forgetting that Clark was home and became very embarrassed as he looked at me like I was a complete weirdo. Well, I was, but my kids didn't realize that!
- I would like to become a librarian. Yep, squeaky shoes and everything. (I think only Clark would get that joke.) I would love to go back to school and get a master's degree in Library Science. Yep, you need a degree to look at people weird and tell them were to find a book. One of the few things I'm starting to realize as I get older is that I didn't take my education seriously enough. I flirted my way through high school and college (like mother, like daughter). I got pretty good grades but I just didn't take school as seriously as I should have. I wish I had now. Now I know what I want to do. How much fun would it be to sit in a library and read books, organize things, and talk to people. Dream job.
- I've always thought it would be fun to build my own house. I'm talking, from scratch. With my own hands. Of course, including the smarts and grunt labor of my husband. And the Davises would definitely have to live just down the street because Jared has the best collection of tools. Who am I kidding? I'll just come up with ideas and manage the whole event. However, after moving into the "lemon" we currently own, I think I've toned down that dream a bit. It definitely would be fun to remodel a home under the conditions that our kids are grown up and we don't have to live in it.
- I walked out of labor and delivery after giving birth to Russell. Meaning, I gave birth to him without medicinal assistance. At the time, I had half made up my mind I wanted to "try" it and then when I got to the point of no return I definitely felt like I had been conned into doing it that way. However, after I've put months of distance from this experience, I've grown to become quite proud of myself. Would I do it again? Another baby: Yes! Natural birth: Well, will see.
1 comment:
I am with you on the dancing... only in front of my kids. I agree that being a librarian sounds like a dream job! Way to be realistic with the natural birth thing. I did it with Josh, but my labor with Emma was too long and hard. I needed that shot!
Post a Comment