Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wishful Thinking

Tonight Jaron didn't eat his dinner. It's pretty rare for him to do that. Anyway, I was making a batch of cookies. Rare for me - Clark's the cookie maker in our house. Of course, Jaron wanted a cookie. We told him that if he finished his dinner we would let him have one. Apparently he wasn't too interested.

Well, here Clark and I are in the kitchen tonight. We had put Jaron to bed about an hour ago. Suddenly he appears and says: "I want a cookie." I can't help but laugh. We ushered him back into his room.

Talk about the innocence of a 2 1/2 year old. "Hey Mom and Dad, I know that you put me to bed over and hour ago and I didn't eat my dinner but I was thinking because I came out of my room looking so cute and polite while I asked for a cookie that you would give me one."

In his dreams we would have said "Yes!"

No comments: