I'm a sucker for quizzes. Not the type that I would sit down and take in an educational environment. I'm more along the lines of the personality quizzes. You know, "What color are you?", "What drives you?", "What's your personality type", "What kind of housekeeper are you?" or here's a great one "What's your baby's theme song?"And my personal favorite that seems to always pop up along side my email in my gmail account when I'm sneaking a few moments away from the boys: "Are you a slacker mom?" I've never taken that one, because I obviously know the answer is "Yes!" if I actually take the time to do it.
So I confess, I love taking these quizzes. I've even taken the time to take the whole 5+ page quiz in a potty training book I was reading recently. (Yes, I'm ready to potty train. Apparently, Jaron is too.) I've come across several blogs recently that people have posted a quiz they've taken with spectacularly "on" results. Within seconds, I'm hooked and therefore decide I need to take the quiz also.
In fact, I've been on a quiz taking binge lately. It's sick really. My results never turn out describing me. I don't know who they are describing but it's definitely not me. Usually out of frustration I will take the quiz again and the results typically end up different. Again, it's describing someone else I really don't know. Maybe I have multiple personalities and I just don't realize it.
I'm beginning to think that a) I don't know how to properly take these tests b) they are written poorly c) I really don't know myself or d) what was the question?
I'm committing to myself to stop reading these quizzes and do something productive but entertaining. (Reading Obama's political website leads to countless hours of entertainment and wonderment as to where all that money is going to come from to fund all those great programs. But that's another post for another time.)
Maybe I should create a quiz myself: Are you addicted to taking personality tests? More likely than not, I will still get results saying that I definitely don't think that I'm the type of person that takes personality quizzes.
1 comment:
I like to play around with the quizzes from time to time. But I've found them to be spot on - so much so in fact that sometimes the results are a good smack of reality (you know the stuff we don't really want to admit but we know is there, maybe, sort of...)
I think the key is to take the truths from those quizzes and ignore the stuff you know is no where close and then use the info to do something positive.
Besides, who cares what the quizzes say? We love ya anyway.
Post a Comment